My last post talked about Sabbath, so I took the entire month of July as a holiday.
Went to Italy for three weeks with Lois and the kids to see my family there. Hung out and did little or nothing productive for the rest of the time.
During August, I took a break from my 'Thoughts' in order to maintain the Sabbath habit for a while. It also gave the volunteer office staff a little rest, in addition to letting folks switch mental gears for a while. I feel that sometimes getting out of a routine is the best way to make a thing all the more special.
So, no 'Thoughts' (at least the regular written 'St. James'/'A better life' ones) in order to let you, dear reader, pause and reflect and maybe look at them in a new light.
For me, this Sabbath rest has been relaxing and inspirational. My 'Thoughts' have resumed. I am doing some new things as well. I will soon begin journaling and seeing a Spiritual Counsellor on a regular basis. Other things remain much the same as September gets underway and some of the regular routines are reestablished.
I thank you for taking this journey with me and pray that it is as much of a blessing to you as it is to me. May God be with you.
YBIC
JAG
No comments:
Post a Comment