December 18th
With Christmas just a week away, I realize that most of my work is done and I'm as ready as I can be for my part in the worship service. I pray, God, that this work is pleasing to you and meaningful for the people that come. I pray that as St. James celebrates and glorifies you on Christmas day and on the Sunday following, that we might be blessed with new faces amongst us. I pray that you will speak to the hearts of folks who have fallen away from church, or perhaps who have never been, and invite them to celebrate at our church. I pray that you will make me and all of us as St. James worthy representatives of Christ, to that others might be attracted to His work in our congregation. Finally, Lord, I pray that I might be worthy of the task you have called me to do, and that you keep me humble in success and hopeful in failure.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment