Thanks God, for another good day of worship. I especially thank you for the opportunity to worship at the final day of the "Week of Prayer for Christian Unity." It was a great chance just to sit in the pews and be fed by the music and the very capable and interesting preacher.
I thank for for his message and for the chance just to sit back and be part of the congregation.
I also thank you for the music, for the mighty roar of the organ, for the enthusiasm of the choir and the excellence of the praise band. I thank you, finally, for what the music said to me, beyond it's support of the worship and theme. It spoke to me of how in many ways I have moved on from the traditional style offered during this "Week of Prayer for Christian Unity." It was great to hear the old songs, but also a little frustrating that they were the predominant offering. I realize I have moved to a different place and my heart lies with a more contemporary style.
Lord, help me as I lead folks in this new direction. Help me to be humble yet constant. Help me open worship to a new generation with music that speaks to their comfort level, without leaving others too far behind. Help me pick the best of the traditional music and present in a way that speaks to modern tastes. Help me worship you and lead worship in a way that touches new hearts as well as the old, faithful ones.

No comments:
Post a Comment