January 25th

God, it's been an interesting day, a day of sharing and learning, and a day of realizing, once again, how differently people hear and perceive things. I know that what I say and do are intended one way, but that others can see and understand them in another. Help me accept this reality and to deal with it as is right, so that I can avoid being hurt or let down when people misinterpret things completely. Help me, as well, to be as clear as possible, so that there is little room for misinterpretation. Help me, most of all, not to worry about those folks who simply can't get it right, whose own biases or agendas block them from understanding me, and help me do so not because I don't care, but because I can only do so much, and that I have to be true to who I am without bending too much for those who won't bend an inch towards me.

No comments:

Post a Comment